G Suite is Google’s very own Software as a Service (SaaS) workspace. It is a collection of enterprise-grade apps designed to increase productivity and support collaboration.
Currently, Google claims to have over 5 million businesses using G Suite. There are also many notable, global enterprises which are thought to use G Suite.
G Suite features
G Suite offers a wide range of apps including:
- Google Drive
- Google Docs, Slides and Sheets
- Google Sites
- Google Forms
- Google Calendar
- Google Hangouts
- Google Currents
- Google Keep
- Google Vault
- G Suite Marketplace
It also offers useful features such as:
- Storage – The basic option provides up to 30GB of storage space, and the business and enterprise editions provide unlimited storage.
- Live Support 24/7 – Contact google support at any time to solve any queries you may have.
- Data Migration – G Suite sync provides an option to migrate important business data from other programs.
- Custom Email address – use your own company name as your domain.
- Admin Controls – G Suite dashboard enables admins to control apps, control the amount of eligible users and set up security measures.
G Suite vs Office 365
G Suite and Office 365 both offer a collection of applications that provide competitive solutions for online workspaces. The general consensus is that G Suite tends to outperform Office 365 in terms of collaboration and ease of use. Yet, Office 365 can create detailed documents which contain large amounts of data. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference and business requirements. For more information, see our Office 365 product guide.
G Suite Basic vs Business
- G Suite Basic – Includes all of G Suite’s productivity apps and 30GB of storage space.
- G Suite Business – Offers the same as G Suite basic but with the additions of Cloud Search, App Maker and Vault.
G Suite for Education
Google also offers apps for use in the education industry. It offers additional storage for sites, drive, Gmail and also free access to Google Vault.
- G suite for education enterprise – Intended for use by larger institutions. Additional features include advanced controls, analytics and communication tools.
- G Suite for NonProfits – Google also offers a plan for nonprofit organisations which offers access to G Suite basic for no cost.
G Suite Pricing
G Suite plans include:
- Basic – $6 per user per month and comes with 30 GB cloud storage.
- Business – $12 per user per month and comes with unlimited cloud storage.
- Enterprise – $25 per user per month and comes with unlimited storage.
G Suite Download
G Suite requires no software download. Instead, you can set up a G Suite account and sign up to a G Suite 14 day on the official website.
How to use G Suite
Collaborate – Work together with your team on documents and projects.
Store – Store files in the cloud which can be accessed by your team from any location.
Communicate – Communicate via email and chat apps to schedule and complete work.