Magento Commerce Features
In a nutshell, Magento Commerce provides online vendors with a wide variety of marketing and operational tools.
In terms of general online store functionality for customers.
General features include:
- Catalog Management – Filter products to certain specifications such as price, brands and color.
- Site and Content Management – Control multiple stores or websites from one centralized administrator.
- Promotions – Create coupon codes, promotional pricing for specific products and categories.
- Checkout Functionality – Add a cart, and create a full order and shipping summary. Integrate different payment methods such as PayPal and WorldPay.
- Handle Shipping – Provide order updates and tracking and receive real time shipping rates from the major companies.
- Customer Service/Order Management – Modify orders from the admin panel such as cancelling, removing products and so on.
- Customer Loyalty – Reward customer loyalty with points per purchase, registration or review.
With regard to the technical side, Magento also provides functionality tools to improve the performance of your website:
- SEO – Offers built in tools to increase visibility and drive traffic to your store, creates sitemaps and search engine friendly URLs.
- Performance and Scalability – Inbuilt technology to improve the speed and performance of your store such as caching.
- Architecture and Security – A stable, modern framework provides industry standard security and application architecture.
- Magento Commerce Cloud – A managed cloud service provides 99.9 % uptime and reliability.
- Analytics and Reporting – create sales reports and analyze Magento and google analytics.
- Support – Support is available 24/7 from the Magento team.
Magento vs WooCommerce
WooCommerce differs from Magento since it is just a plugin extension for its parent platform, WordPress. Therefore, if you prefer to use WordPress, then WooCommerce would be the obvious choice.
While sharing a lot of similarities, Magento is designed for web development professionals – for use in medium-large scale businesses. It offers a generous set of features and provides everything an ambitious online seller requires.
WooCommerce may be more user-friendly for beginners compared to Magento which has a bit more of a learning curve. It is cheap to set up and accommodates almost any kind of online store. Conversely, Magento is very scalable for large online stores but comes with a much larger price tag – especially for its enterprise edition.
Magento Commerce Pricing
There are two main versions of Magento: Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source. Magento Open Source is the free version of the platform which can be downloaded, self-hosted and customized. Magento Commerce is a fusion of previously separate versions; Magento Enterprise Cloud and Magento Enterprise. This is the premium option which includes cloud service as part of the plan. Magento commerce costs a minimum of $22,000 a year. This is not a one-off cost however – fees must also be paid based on how much traffic your website generates.
Magento Commerce Demo
Want to try it out? You can schedule a free demo of the service here on Magento’s official site.
How to use Magento Commerce
Sell – create a fully functioning online e-commerce store.
Manage – manage all operations from one admin hub.
Customize – choose from a wide selection of layouts, themes, extensions and more.